Notable legal news and views from around the legal world:
- The Wall Street Journal’s Legal Blog asks whether big law firms are an outdated model that fail to provide clients the perceived value they want.
- The UCL Practitioner Blog posts here about a new complaint filed by the Orange County District Attorney’s office against Toyota invoking California’s Unfair Competition Law. Under the statute, Toyota could face a $2,500 fine per unsafe car sold in Calfornia.
- Not surprisingly, California has one of the worst legal climates for business. The Sacramento Business Journal writes about it here.
- The Ventura Star posts an editorial cheering that efforts to hold a convention to reform California’s Constitution are dead for now.
- My former veterinarian, Dr. Greg Perrault, now based in Long Beach, is leading the effort to sue Yelp over reports that Yelp pressures business to purchase advertising in response to negative reviews. The Contra Costa Times reports on the lawsuit here.